3.5.15

GARETH PUGH X GALERIA MELISSA ... I felt like i was in a futuristic black Pandora box...

As I began walking down a spiral like staircase .. I stepped into a passageway where the lights were slightly dimmed i could smell a nice fragrance coming from a robotic like shoe..

 The Gareth Pugh Melissa 'Ascension' shoes.. 

 I then entered what looked like a dark underground box  like hole.....
...Okay so a few months back I decided to take a trip down to Covent Garden to visit the apple store  :/ hhhmmmmm repair appointment huffs. 
I stumbled across the new concept GALERIA MELISSA store, where they happened to be exhibiting a few pieces from Gareth Pugh's clothing collection and celebrating 10 years of this amazing British fashion designer.
OOOHHH my of course you know me I was extremely excited, so I decided to check it out quickly whilst I waited for my appointment.
I totally wasn't excepting what was about to happen next. Not only was the Melissa store an amazing visual shop where you could buy so many different editions to the classic Melissa jelly shoes, including the statement Vivienne Westwood's shoes and the very famously designed bubble shoes, I felt like I had entered a classy futuristic museum, with friendly and polite staff ...  who greeted me the second I walked into the store. Then out of no where, I was quickly taken back, by an amazing innovative garment from the Gareth Pugh S/S09 collection displayed like right in front of me.. eeekkkk I mean it was the actual Garment that he had designed of course lol.
I swear I couldn't contain my passion and excitement, I just wanted to put my hands all over it.. Lol but I was about to be blown away again because, after spending over 10 minutes admiring an circling around the first Gareth Pugh garment, I was greeted by the store manager who then told me there was a further exhibition followed by a goodie bag downstairs. Lord, give me strength.. you see I was seriously fighting with my inner child, who was screaming childishly in my head 'omg this is amazing WOW hurry hurry run lets go see'.. coud you imagine?
at that point I couldn't contain my excitement anymore, me suppressing my underlying feelings just because I'm an adult  eeerr nah sigh.. so as we walked down the spiral like staircase, I couldn't get my words out properly, when trying to say how grateful and excited I was to officially step into Gareth Pughs mind, especially since I was all alone just myself an two staff members and seconds away from seeing his work.
There was no one else there at the exhibition at that time so I got to take it all in, the whole exhibition to myself, lucky meeeee. As I entered the dark room it was filled with creative robot like sound effects and a tiny hint of ghostly atmospheric music in the background... all I could say was wow amazing amazing wow amazing, haha you get it lol. 
The mannequins was dressed from head to toe in Gareth Pugh's creations, I seriously had a spirit like entity holding me back from my constant need to touch his work I didn't even manage to take much photos because, I was way to in my element, I just about got a video and a fews quick shots below and above.. see my >instagram< for video footage (2 of the below images are from the google) . It was like a visual theme park and every single garment that was on display had been worn by some of the top celebrities Lady GagaNicki MinajBeyonceKylie Minogue Rihanna and so many others. But more importantly I was doing what I love the most randomly enjoying the creative works from people who inspire me. I remember reading about Gareth Pugh in my early stages of fashion studies and how he started, like when he struggled to create one of his first collections in a shabby old derelict building, with hardly any electricity which he later got kicked out of, but his passion to just keep on going and sharing his creative visions with the world, is what I admire the most about him/his work, So being in that room was more than a pleasure.I could totally feel the hard graft that went in to the designs of those outfits and when eventful days like this happen it reminds me of how much i sincerely appreciate my creative mind, it makes me love all my struggles in this world of art and design. 
...On to GALERIA MELISSA store, although Gareth Pughs mind blowing collection was on display, the store was also decorated excellently, The decor totally captivated what concept store ideas should be about complete visual stimulation.One of my favourite things to do is visit concept stores as I think they are the best places to shop in .. Because it fills me with an exciting buzz when purchasing an item i guess as a shopper(holic) concept stores sell you an idea, a visual story about the merchandise/item you are into /buying. So you truly get your money's worth especially if you are entertained as well, even if it's only for five minutes whilst trying on some classic jelly/rubber original Melissa shoes.. after all they are the originators of the jelly shoes/Sandals that smells nothing like rubber but everything like perfume heaven! 
I also genuinely liked the Melissa X Gareth Pugh wedged silver ascension designed wedges collaboration, although I hardly wear shoes I would definitely slip these on(I am holding shoes in picture above) like I was Cinderella but without the prince just the plastic... Loooool they are so comfortable and remind me of platform sneakers!
Hold up give me a second one whilst I gather my thoughts to finish writing this post.... I'm just reminiscing on my experience that day.
It has been awhile since I have visited the store But I suggest you get down there to feel the visual/buying experience the store has to offer, shops like this should be on every corner of the High Street, it's like an adult theme park visually and the ride is purchasing more than just a pair of shoes it's the visual experience..  but hold on hhmmmm if they had a store like this on every corner of a High Street I would totally be broke lol! (Apologies I couldn't post this earlier /straight after viewing the Gareth Pugh exhibition at the galleria Melissa store, I literally had to go to Manchester the next day to film, you will all see it in the near future something very exciting ssshhhh) 
Please see more details about the GALERIA MELISSA x Gareth Pugh exhibition that was show cased at the Covent Garden store in London on 43 King street on their website >Here<
 
(google)
(google)
Hope you enjoyed this post feel free to network with me via Twitter or FollowMe on the below links
Thank you for reading & A huge Thank You to the Galleria Melissa staff!!

Blog Archive

E♥7 PAST POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright/Legal informatiom Information

All clothes/fashion designs/creations that I (Monique aka Monzie of euqinom7.blogspot.com ) design customize and make, will always be clearly indicate with a small description stating that i created customized and or designed the garment, accessory, etc etc. All pictures with either my image and or my fashion designs will be clearly marked with my fashion logo -euqinom7designs-pink bear and or both i own 100 per cent of the rights to my image in photos/videos and any kind of use in regards to my image, so if you wish to use/reblog any videos/ images from this blog please always get permission from the copyright holder Monique aka monzie (ask me via LINK--->♥/euqinom7.blogspot.com and please always link back image from euqinom7.blogspot.com you may not alter, transform, or build upon the work via this blog. Thank You E♥7